Dreaming of delicious, healthy, low calorie blueberry pancakes for Mother’s Day Breakfast this Sunday? Well try this Blueberry Ricotta Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe and indulge in a decadent meal while still staying within your daily Points allowance. Each 2 pancake serving has just 4 Points, and they are soooooo yummy! Drizzle a tsp or two of a low calorie sugar free syrup over them, and the Points Value won’t be affected. Full of heart healthy fiber, but low in fat, these delicious blueberry ricotta pancakes make the perfect Mother’s Day Brunch Recipe, without sacrificing taste. They are moist and fluffy and really quite satisfying. Now go print out this recipe, and slip it on your husband’s desk so he can surprise you with it on Sunday morning!
Blueberry Ricotta Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
The perfect idea for a Weight Watchers Mother’s Day Brunch Recipe, these delicious Ricotta and Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes are to die for! Easy to make and just 4 Points for 2 pancakes, this decadent low calorie breakfast recipe doesn’t sacrifice flavor in the least.
- 1 cup whole-wheat buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk whole-wheat flour and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Whisk ricotta, egg substitute, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl until smooth. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. If batter seems too thick, add more water, teaspoon by teaspoon until desired consistency is reached.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with nonfat, butter flavored cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot.
- Pour the batter for 2 4-inch pancakes into the pan, sprinkle blueberries on each pancake and cook until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and berries, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 4-inch pancakes
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 163 calories; 1g fat; 26 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 4 g fiber