photo credit: recipe.com
Looking for a fresh, light summer lunch recipe idea? Try these Summer Vegetable Crepes, and you’ll have yourself a deliciously satisfying lunch that boasts just 4 Points each. Loaded with veggies, a creamy ricotta filling, and topped with a tangy cream sauce, the vegetarian crepes make a fantastic no cook lunch recipe to take on a picnic, to the beach, or to to serve at any summer get together. Serve them with a delicious low calorie summer salad or fresh fruit, and enjoy a fresh and healthy meal that’s very Weight Watchers friendly.
Summer Vegetable Crepes Recipe
Enjoy these delicious low calorie crepes at a picnic or party this summer, and feel good knowing that each healthy crepe is just 4 Points. Fresh and light, these tasty crepes are a wonderful no cook summer recipe that is easy, yet decadent.
- 4 9-inch “ready-to-use” crêpes
- 2 cups chopped cumber
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh jicama, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Zest from 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Stir sour cream, 1/4 cup chives, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a small bowl until combined, and set aside.
- Combine cucumber, green beans, jicama, corn, and onion. Stir in ricotta, lime zest, the remaining 1/4 cup chives, cilantro, garlic, and the salt and pepper.
- To roll crêpes, place one on a piece of parchment or wax paper (or leave it on the piece of plastic separating the crêpes in the package). Spoon one-fourth of the vegetable-cheese mixture (about 3/4 cup) down the center of the crêpe. Use the paper (or plastic) to help you gently roll the crêpe around the filling. Place the crêpe seam-side down on serving plate. Repeat with the remaining crêpes and filling.
- Serve each crêpe topped with 2 tablespoons of the reserved sauce and more chives, if desired.
“Ready-to-use” crèpes can be found in the produce section of the market or near refrigerated tortillas.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 crepe and 2 tbsp of cream sauce
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 148 calories; 4g fat; 19 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 4 g fiber