When attending a BBQ, picnic or Potluck, this delicious low calorie pasta salad recipe is the perfect dish to take along. Tasty enough so that everyone will enjoy it (and not know that it’s Weight Watchers friendly), but each 1 cup serving has just 4 Points, so you can have a healthy side dish to rely on.
Creamy, tangy, and full of good for you ingredients, this pasta salad packs in a lot of fiber and veggies and doesn’t taste like a low calorie dish.
Most traditional pasta salad recipes are smothered in oily dressings, but this lightened up version puts a delicious and much healthier spin on a good old reliable Potluck recipe. Still has all the delicious flavor you’d expect in a pasta salad, but this one’s a LOT better for you!
Pasta Salad Recipe
This easy and Weight Watchers friendly Pasta Salad Recipe is the perfect healthy staple to take to a potluck or BBQ! The creamy, flavorful texture will keep anyone frim guessing it’s low calorie, and you’ll have a healthy low Points recipe to keep you from diving into all the other high fat dishes.
- 2 cups Ronzoni Smart Taste Rotini
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumbers, red onions, olives and basil; toss to coat well.
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 170 calories; 3g fat; 25g carbohydrates; 8g protein; 6g fiber