photo credit: yummy tummy cooking
Need a quick and healthy dinner recipe in a pinch? Try this No-Bake Macaroni and Cheese Recipe! It’s loaded with fiber and healthy ingredients and is a great dish to serve to the whole family. Each serving has 9 Points, which isn’t bad at all for 1 1/4 cups of cheesy macaroni goodness.
Pair it with a cherry tomato salad, and you’ve got an amazingly yummy and filling meal that is very Weight Watchers Friendly. I also found this dish to be a great way to help get kids to eat more vegetables.
Creamy, yummy and really quite flavorful, this No-Bake Macaroni & Cheese is not only super easy, but it’s the perfect, healthy alternative to traditional macaroni and cheese recipes that clock in at an average of 16 Points per serving.
No-Bake Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
The perfect healthy dinner recipe that doesn’t require much effort and has just 9 Points for a very filling serving. Creamy and cheesy, this Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese Recipe has all the flavor you’d want it to, but without the added fat and calories.
- 2 cups Ronzoni Smart Taste Elbow Noodles
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup shredded extra-sharp reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 4 minutes. Add frozen broccoli and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/4 cups milk in another large pot over medium-high heat until just simmering. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup milk, flour, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Add the flour mixture to the simmering milk; return to a simmer and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in cheddar, Parmesan and mustard until the cheese is melted.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add to the cheese sauce. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, over medium-low heat, until heated through, about 1 minute.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 ¼ cups
Each serving = 9 Points+
PER SERVING: 289 calories; 6 g fat; 51 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 7 g fiber