Another great, low calorie summer salad recipe, this deliciously minted Zucchini Salad is real treat. With just 1 Point per serving, this dish offers another tasty way to bulk up on veggies to help you stay full, feel satisfied and lose weight. It also makes a great pairing with other entrees that may be higher in Points, so it helps to balance out the overall total of Points consumed. This Zucchini Salad Recipe always gets compliments every time I take it to a summer BBQ party or potluck, and I will definitely be using it as one of Weight Watchers 4th of July Recipes this weekend! You can serve it warm or at room temp, but I actually prefer it a little chilled. Feel free to experiment and see which way you like it best!
Zucchini Salad Recipe with Mint Recipe
Here’s another great low calorie Fourth of July Recipe to add to your list! This Minted Zucchini Salad offers a quick and healthy side dish that has just 1 Point per serving. It’s the perfect way to add volume to a meal without adding a lot of Points.
- 3 medium sized zucchini, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add in the oil and garlic. Stirring frequently, cook for about 45 seconds.
- Add in the onion, bell peppers and zucchini and saute, stirring occasionally until veggies are slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in lemon rind, lemon juice, mint, and salt & pepper; toss well to combine. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 3/4 cup
Each serving = 1 Point
PER SERVING: 36 calories; 1 g fat; 5 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber