Don’t be caught without a delicious and low calorie dipping sauce on hand at your summer BBQ’s this year! Perfect for fresh veggies, low calorie pita chips or my favorite Organic Reduced Fat Tortilla Chips, this Roasted Garlic and Mustard Sauce Recipe is oh so yummy and will help add a nice kick to your favorite foods. Don’t be afraid to experiment with this sauce – try it on sandwiches, roasted potatoes, or drizzled over grilled chicken breasts and fish. One of my favorite ways to eat it is with some low fat baked chicken fingers – YUM! Seriously, there are endless possibilities with this sauce!! And with just 1 Point per serving, this dipping sauce recipe makes a great addition to a variety of meals and is a must have dip for any summer party table. Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic and Mustard Dipping Sauce Recipe
The perfect light dipping sauce recipe for summer, this Roasted Garlic and Mustard Dip will help add tremedous flavor to your favorite foods. It’s versatility allows it to be used in a variety of ways, but with just 1 Point per serving, it’ll keep you from using up all your daily Points Allowance.
- 5 cloves of garlic, roasted
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat free vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 2 tsp cold water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Mash garlic cloves to a paste.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. And in a medium sized saucepan, bring broth to a boil, and then pour in the cornstarch mixture, while stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens; about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the vinegar, mustard, honey and garlic paste.
- Allow mixture to cool thoroughly, then whisk in oil, yogurt, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 3 tbsp
Each serving = 1 Point
PER SERVING: 66 calories; 3 g fat; 1 g protein; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g fiber