Looking for a quick and easy low calorie dinner for two? Try this DELICIOUS Steak Burrito Recipe, and enjoy it without feeling any guilt.
Each burrito has just 8 Points, which is pretty good, considering most traditional Mexican burrito recipes are about 30-something Points+ and super high in fat and calories. And this slimmed down version comes with all the bells and whistles too – sour cream, guacamole, steak, beans and rice. It’s LOADED with fiber and protein, and lower in carbohydrates and fat.
If you are feeling the need for a steak burrito, but don’t want to go overboard on your Points, give this low Points recipe a try! Though it’s not an official one of Weight Watchers Mexican Food Recipes, it’ll help any dieter feel satisfied, while still staying on track to reach their weight loss goals.
Steak Burrito Recipe
This healthier version of a Mexican Burrito Recipe, still has all the fixin’s, but a lot less fat and calories. It’s very filling and is a great way to satisfy your craving for Mexican food without going off track of your daily Weight Watchers Points Allowance.
- 2 La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious 100 Calorie Tortillas
- 6 ounces strip steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp instant brown rice
- 1/4 cup prepared fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice from 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp prepared guacamole
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- Combine salsa and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, return to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with salt & pepper. Spray a medium skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add steak and onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the steak & onions among the tortillas and squeeze ½ of the lime over each. Then top with equal amounts of sour cream, guacamole, cilantro and the rice mixture. Roll each tortilla up into a burrito.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is 1 burrito
Each serving = 8 Points
PER SERVING: 364 calories; 11g fat ; 28 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 10 g fiber