With all the heat waves sweeping the nation recently, this frozen, delicious low calorie granita recipe made with honeydew and apple juice, is a wonderful way to keep cool. So light and flavorful, it makes a great end to any meal, or to use as a palate cleanser between courses!
Granita is essentially another way to say Italian Ice, and while many Italian Ice Recipes can be too sweet and syrupy, this one is wonderfully fresh and flavorful without being too sweet. And with just 1 Point per serving, you can enjoy a super tasty summer treat without feeling any guilt.
So if you are looking for a great low calorie summer dessert recipe to whip up for your next party or BBQ, give this Apple and Melon Granita Recipe a try!
Honeydew and Apple Granita Recipe
Treat yourself to a light and delicious low calorie Italian Ice Recipe this summer! Refreshing and flavorful, this fabulous Honeydew and Apple Granita is so amazingly delicious, but has just 1 Point per serving. It makes a wonderful frozen dessert idea to whip up this summer.
- 5 cups cubed ripe honeydew melon
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Combine melon, apple juice and lime juice in a blender; puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch glass or metal pan.
- Place the pan on a level surface in your freezer. Freeze, stirring and scraping with a fork every 30 minutes, moving the frozen edges in toward the slushy center and crushing any lumps, until the granita is firm but not frozen solid, 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer; use a metal spatula or large spoon to break up the frozen ice into small slivers. Pack into an airtight plastic container and freeze for at least 1 hour more.
- Remove from the freezer about 20 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Use a wide spoon or ice cream scoop to scrape the granita into shallow bowls or tall glasses.
- Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4-5 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is ¾ cup
Each serving = 1 Point
PER SERVING: 59 calories; 0 g fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber