With summer comes a wonderful variety of delicious fruits and vegetables. Zucchini, being one of those, can be found so easily just about anywhere, and is such a great price right now. Take advantage of this tasty and light vegetable by trying out this Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe. Filled with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, this delicious summer side dish recipe also makes a great snack or appetizer and goes well with a variety of meals. It also makes an aesthetically pleasing display on your summer BBQ table! So if you are looking for a healthy, low calorie summer recipe to try that won’t use up a lot of those precious Points, make sure to give these a try! Each “boat” has just 2 Points!
Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
Light and fresh, these Stufed Zucchini Boats make a wonderful low calorie snack recipe or appetizer to serve up this summer. Pretty to look at and even better to eat, each zucchini boat has just 2 Points, making it a fun and healthy side dish recipe for anyone counting those calories.
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Trim both ends off zucchini; cut in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice off the backs so each half sits flat. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Finely chop the pulp; set aside.
- Sprinkle zucchini halves with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini halves in skillet and sauté until tender, but still crisp, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove zucchini halves from skillet and set aside.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot and the remaining salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, garlic cheese, basil and the reserved zucchini pulp; toss to combine.
- Divide the filling among the zucchini boats and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 stuffed zucchini half
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 70 calories; 3 g fat; 7 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber