When summer brings us an abundance of fresh ripe, juicy tomatoes, this delicious Mediterranean Tomato Salad Recipe is a good thing to have on hand. Light and incredibly flavorful, the tomatoes are dressed with fresh herbs and a tangy vinaigrette dressing that leaves nothing to be desired. Each 1 1/4 cup serving has just 2 Points, making it a great idea as a vegetarian or vegan side dish recipe to serve with a variety of Weight Watchers Entree Recipes. So get out there and take advantage of all those beautiful summer tomatoes,and put this salad recipe into action, asap!
Mediterranean Tomato Salad Recipe
A delightful, low Points side dish recipe that will work with a variety of meals, this tangy Mediterranean Herb Tomato Salad is a real treat to the palate. Healthy and flavorful, the fresh herbs and juicy tomatoes deliver a fantastically light salad that has just 2 Points per serving.
- 5 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, and all the fresh herbs. Drizzle in dressing and toss well to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for about an hour to allow the flavors to marinate.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Greek
Entire recipe make 4 servings
Serving size is 1 ¼ cups
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 74 calories; 3 g fat; 8 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber