There are just too many yummy words in the title of this low calorie chicken recipe to keep me from salivating as I type it. This DELICIOUS Chicken Breasts with Chile Coconut Cream Sauce tastes so amazingly good, it’s hard to believe that each serving has just 4 Points. For some additional bulk to this meal, try serving it over some a small serving of brown rice (for additional Points) or some Zero Calorie Orzo (for NO additional Points) and let the Coconut Chile Cream sauce do it’s job. This summer chicken recipe makes such a light, and deliciously creamy meal idea with refreshing new flavors that will excite your palate, but still keep you on track to reaching your weight loss goals!
Chicken Breasts with Chile Coconut Cream Sauce Recipe
A new and excitingly flavorful low calorie chicken recipe that makes a fantastic summer meal idea. These delicious Chicken Breasts with Chile Coconut Cream Sauce are not only incredibly tasty, each serving has just 4 Points. What a unique low calorie dinner idea to spice up the menu!
- 6 4oz chicken breasts
- 2 cups light coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup roasted green chiles, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- Zest from 1 lime
- 4 clove garlics, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Combine coconut milk, lime zest, broth, green chiles, scallion whites, cilantro, garlic, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook the mixture until reduced by half, 20 to 30 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender or puree in a blender until smooth.
- Sprinkle chicken with the remaining salt. Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Cook half the chicken until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Cook the remaining chicken until browned.
- Add the first batch of chicken back to the pan. Pour in the sauce and cook at a low simmer, turning occasionally, until all the chicken is cooked through and tender, 4 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with the reserved scallion greens.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast with about ½ cup sauce
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 189 calories; 6 g fat ; 3 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber