photo credit: livestrong
Fresh and satisfying, this delicious Lemon Chicken Stir Fry Recipe makes a wonderfully easy low calorie dinner idea for any day of the week! It’s loaded with fiber and protein, and each serving has just 4 Points.
It’s also a great way to get in some veggie servings. The lemon sauce is light and tangy and adds a lovely fresh flavor without being too sour or overbearing. I love that it’s such a quick ad easy dish that is not only low in calories and Points, but full of nutrients. It’s a dish that is perfect to serve to the whole family – my husband and toddler gobbled it up!
Try serving it with some steamed brown rice for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Lemon Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Need an idea for a fresh and tangy low calorie dinner? This delicious Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is just 4 Points per serving, and packed with vegetables and protein, making it an ideal meal for any Weight Watcher.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups snow peas, stems and strings removed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with non-fat cooking spray, and set over medium-high heat.
- Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and set aside.
- Juice the lemon and whisk 3 tablespoons of the juice with broth, soy sauce, pepper and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add bell pepper and carrots to the pan and cook until the carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add snow peas, scallions, garlic and the reserved lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in chicken and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Preparation time: 35 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 ½ cups
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 187 calories; 2 g fat; 11 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 4 g fiber