Looking for a quick and easy summer casserole recipe that won’t use up a lot of Daily Weight Watchers Points Plus allowance? Well this delicious Shrimp Enchilada Casserole Recipe will definitely fit the bill. Full of fiber and protein, each satisfying serving is just 7 Points +, and is a wonderful healthy dinner idea that the whole family can enjoy. Classic enchilada flavors are combined with low calorie shrimp and bulked up with fresh vegetables in this low points plus casserole, and the end result is pretty darn tasty. It doesn’t take too long to throw together, which makes it a great choice when you need a quick and easy weeknight dinner idea that’s also Weight Watchers friendly. So get those casserole dishes out, folks!!
Shrimp Enchilada Casserole Recipe
A healthy and low calorie casserole that tastes great and has just 7 Points + for a nicely sized serving? Yes, please! This Shrimp Enchilada Casserole is a great idea for a quick, low fat dinner in a pinch. It tastes fantastic and is loaded with good for you ingredients too.
- 1 lb peeled cooked shrimp, tails removed, diced
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles, (not drained)
- 2 cups canned green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Combine shrimp, zucchini, tomatoes, chiles, onions, and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Cover and microwave on High until heated through, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the prepared baking dish. Top with a layer of 6 overlapping tortillas. Spread black beans evenly over the tortillas.
- Top the beans with the shrimp mixture, followed by the remaining 6 tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas. Cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole until it begins to bubble on the sides, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil; sprinkle cheese on top. Continue baking until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
- Top with cilantro, cut into 6 equally sized portions, and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6th of casserole
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 277 calories; 5 g fat ; 34 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 8 g fiber