photo credit: kitchen scoop
It’s no doubt, fall is HERE!!! And I am super excited to start blogging some of my favorite, and oh so yummy Weight Watchers Fall Recipes. There are some seriously good low Points Recipes coming up, you may just never leave your kitchen!
To kick things off to a tasty start, today I’m sharing my Pumpkin Sweet Potato Bisque Recipe that is to die for. So rich and flavorful, and FULL of fiber and antioxidants. It’s a delicious fall soup recipe that’s a great idea for a low calorie Thanksgiving side dish, a healthy soup recipe for lunch, or a delicious low Points dinner idea.
With just 3 Points per serving, it’s a very satisfying accompaniment to any meal and will definitely help fill you up.
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Bisque Recipe
An easy and delicious low calorie bisque, this fabulous Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup is a great idea for any meal. With all the delicious autumn flavors we love, but with a lot less fat and calories.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 3 cups fat free vegetable broth
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bake sweet potatoes in oven until fully cooked and soft inside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large saucepan with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until it just begins to brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, about another minute or two.
- Mix in tomato juice, ginger, allspice and salt & pepper. Adjust the heat so the mixture boils gently; cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and roughly chop. Place them in a food processor or blender along with broth and pumpkin. Puree until completely smooth.
- Add the puree and Greek yogurt to the pot and stir well to combine. Heat until hot. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 3/4 cups
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 188 calories; 1 g fat; 20 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 5 g fiber