photo credit: the nourishing cook
I don’t think there’s ever been a time in my life where I said no to chowing down on some Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
If you are like me and are seriously in love with this ooey gooey vat of deliciousness, then you know that the delicious taste also comes with some hefty nutritional stats, making most traditional Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipes not very Weight Watchers friendly.
This healthier version has a lot less fat and calories, but still packs a tasty, cheese filled punch. By making some easy changes to a popular version of this recipe, I was able to re-create it with just 2 Points for 1/4 cup.
Serve it with some 0 Points veggies or my favorite Organic Reduced Fat Tortilla Chips and indulge with zero guilt.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Enjoy this slimmed down version of one of America’s most popular dip recipes! At just 2 Points for each 1/4 cup serving, you can indulge in this delicious, cheesy dip and still stay on track with your Weight Watchers goals.
- 2 14-oz cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop artichoke hearts in a food processor.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft
- Add Parmesan, cream cheese, yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, paprika, salt and pepper into food processor; puree until smooth. Empty into a bowl, and stir in the spinach.
- Pour into shallow baking dish (use more than one if necessary).
- Bake the dip until golden on top and heated through, 10 to 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 16
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 16 servings (about 4 cups)
Serving size is ¼ cup
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 65 calories; 3 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber