photo credit: lol foodie
Take advantage of all the delicious seasonal squash with this amazingly yummy Winter Vegetables and Pasta recipe. Healthy and light, you’ll get a full 2 cups serving for just 6 Points!! Now that’s what I call a meal, people. Just by using a low calorie, high fiber pasta, and bulking up the dish with lots of veggies, you’re able to get a truly delicious vegetarian pasta meal without using up a lot of your Weight Watchers Points, AND you’ll be satisfied. And with the fantastic flavors of the butter, sage, thyme and wine, this dish is truly reminiscent of a fabulous fall day. Enjoy!
Sage Butter Winter Vegetables and Pasta Recipe
A tasty and low calorie pasta recipe that’s loaded with delicious winter vegetables and flavorful herbs. And with just 6 Points for a generous 2 cups serving, this vegetarian recipe not only tastes great, but is very filling.
- 8 ounces Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta
- 4 cups fat free vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups butternut squash cubes, bite sized
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp light butter (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, sage and thyme, and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broth, wine, and lemon zest; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add pasta, cauliflower, squash, zucchini, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is almost cooked… about 10 minutes.
- Add in lima beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lima beans and pasta are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes more.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 cups
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 275 calories; 3g fat ; 46 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein; 12 g fiber