photo credit: indulging in guilty pleasures
Though I can’t give a new Mini Doughnut Maker to all of you, I can share this delicious recipe for Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts with Maple Glaze that I found. Bake your own low fat doughnuts and indulge in a decadent treat for less Points than most doughnut recipes. Made with delicious apple cider and pure maple syrup, these tasty doughnuts are made by using a mini Bundt pan, and taste so good, it’s hard to believe they are just 6 Points each. I wish I could get the Points even lower, but these are doughnuts after all, and I didn’t want to sacrifice too much of what we all LOVE when eating doughnuts!
Baked Maple Glazed Apple Cider Doughnut Recipe
Indulge in a big, delicious, guilt-free Apple Cider Doughnut with Maple Glaze. For just 6 Points, these baked doughnuts are made by using a mini Bundt pan, so they are just as pretty as they are tasty.
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Maple Glaze
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- To make doughnuts: Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat molds of a mini-Bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with granulated sugar, shaking out excess.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together egg, brown sugar, apple butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup, cider, yogurt and oil in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Divide half the batter among the prepared molds, spooning about 2 tablespoons of batter into each mold.
- Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched lightly. Loosen edges and turn the cakes out onto a rack to cool.
- Clean the mini-Bundt pan, then re-coat it with cooking spray and sugar. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make maple glaze: Combine confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Gradually whisk in enough maple syrup to make a coating consistency.
- Dip the shaped side (underside) of the “doughnuts” in the glaze to coat. Then set them, glazed-side up on a rack over wax paper for a few minutes until the glaze has set.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is 1 doughnut
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 234 calories; 3 g fat ; 49 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber