It’s only Tuesday, so there’s still time to share some ideas for delicious, low Points Thanksgiving Recipes! And if you are looking to shake things up this Thanksgiving with a unique stuffing recipe that not only tastes amazing, but that has just 4 Points per serving, well then this Prosciutto and Pear Stuffing Recipe will make you squeal with delight. Easy to make and brimming with delectable Autumn flavors, I was really surprised by how low calorie this stuffing came out to be. The toasted hazelnuts added such a delicious texture and a slight crunch that I really liked. I’m also obsessed with prosciutto, so I’m always willing to try just about any recipe that uses it – and the idea of combining it in a Thanksgiving stuffing had me drooling. So, if you want to put a new spin on a traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe this year, treat your guests to a fabulous serving of this dish! Enjoy.
Prosciutto and Pear Stuffing Recipe
Delectable and low calorie, this light stuffing recipe offers a delicious new way to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving side dish. Each serving has just 4 Points, making it a delicious Weight Watchers friendly dish to serve this Thanksgiving.
- 8 cups stale multi-grain baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into bit sized pieces
- 3 small pears, ripe but firm, chopped
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups fennel bulb, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 2 tsp fresh sage, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonfat, butter flavored cooking spray.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat, butter flavored cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add prosciutto; cook, stirring, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- Using the same pan, melt butter and add in celery, onion, fennel and shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add sage, thyme and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- Transfer everything to a large bowl and gently stir in bread, pears, parsley, hazelnuts and the prosciutto. Add broth and liquid egg substitute; toss to combine. Mix in the salt and pepper.
- Spoon the stuffing into the prepared baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes; remove the foil and bake until the top is beginning to crisp, 25 to 30 minutes more.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is ¾ cup
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 156 calories; 4 g fat; 26 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 6 g fiber