Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And now that one big food holiday is down, we’ve got just a couple more to go.
And I’ve got some great recipes coming up this week that will help you make some healthier, low Points versions of your favorite holiday recipes. But if you are like me and still have some leftover Thanksgiving turkey in your fridge and you’d just hate to see it go to waste, today’s recipe will give you a great idea of what to do with it.
This delicious Turkey Wrap with Apple and Blue Cheese can be made in a pinch and tastes fantastic. The sweet apple with the peppery arugula and pungent blue cheese make a decadent combination. And the whole wrap is just 6 Points. Enjoy!
Turkey Wrap with Apple and Blue Cheese Recipe
A gourmet wrap made with delicious turkey breast, tangy blue cheese, and sweet crisp apple, gives you a filling lunch idea will still keep you on track with your weight loss goals.
- 2 Smart & Delicious 100 Calorie tortillas
- 4 oz lean turkey breast, shredded or diced
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced into strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp blue cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp plan, nonfat Greek yogurt
- Juice from ½ a fresh lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a medium bowl, toss arugula and red onion with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Combine blue cheese, yogurt, salt and pepper with a fork; spread onto tortilla.
- Top tortilla with arugula and onion, apple and turkey, leaving about 1-inch of space from edges; tuck in sides of tortilla and then roll it up tightly.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is 1 wrap
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 5 g fat; 29 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 10 g fiber