Since I cannot stop fantasizing about cookies lately, I decided to try out this recipe for Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, and I am SO glad I did!
The original version uses regular, chunky peanut butter, but I decided to use my favorite peanut butter substitute – Better’n Peanut Butter, so that I could eat more cookies for less Points. It worked out really well, and the end result was a deliciously sweet and satisfying treat that will for sure be on my tray of Chrismukkah Cookies this year! I use the term Chrismukkah because I celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah, which means more presents and yummy food!!
Each cookie is just 2 Points, which isn’t bad considering how rich and flavorful they are. I’m satisfied with eating just two or three of them, and I don’t go overboard.
So if you are looking for another great Christmas cookie that won’t blow all your Weight Watchers Points, then this Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe is a must try. I mean, really, does it get any better than peanut butter and chocolate together in a moist and chewy cookie? No, it doesn’t.
So get yourself to the kitchen pronto and whip up some of these low calorie Christmas cookies ASAP!
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Get your chocolate-peanut butter craving satisfied quickly, with these moist and chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. Sweet and rich, they pack a big peanut butter punch for just 2 Points.
- 1 cup Better’n Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tbsp fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat Better n’ Peanut Butter, oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until the sugars are blended. Beat in egg substitute, yogurt and vanilla until combined.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, oats, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture until blended. (It will be sticky.) Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or slightly rounded tablespoons of dough, place cookies 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Dip the bottom of a glass in water and then in Turbinado sugar. Use the sugared glass to flatten the cookies slightly, leaving a thin layer of sugar on top, re-wetting the glass as needed.
- Bake the cookies in batches until they are just set and the tops appear cracked, 8 to 10 minutes. (Do not over-bake or they will be dry.)
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Turbinado sugar is a coarse looking sugar and is light brown in color. Find it in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets or at natural-foods stores.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 36
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 3 dozen
Serving size is 1 cookie
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 96 calories; 3g fat; 12 g carbohydrates; 3g protein; 1 g fiber