This Hanukkah, instead of preparing the usual greasy and oily latkes, try this Potato and Zucchini Latke Recipe! You get 3 latkes with a side of tzatziki sauce for just 5 Points. They are made with potato and zucchini which helps lighten them up and get the Points value lower. But the best thing though, is that these latkes are SO incredibly delicious! And I truly think they are even better than traditional, all potato latkes. The flavors are delicious and the fact that they aren’t soaked in oil makes them light and crisp. Served with a side of fresh homemade tzatziki sauce, these are a MUST make for Hanukkah. Even if you don’t spin the dreidel, serve these Potato and Zucchini Latkes up anytime and treat the family to a healthy and delicious side dish!
Potato and Zucchini Latkes
Light and delicious, these non-traditional latkes are the perfect Hanukkah treat. Served with a fresh tzatziki sauce, each serving has just 5 Points!
- 1 pound zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups shredded cooked potato
- 1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 cups whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss zucchini, potato, onion, and egg substitute in a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs, feta, 1 tablespoon dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Form the mixture into 12 patties.
- Generously spray a large nonstick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties, cover and cook until crispy and browned on one side, 2 to 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the latkes to the prepared pan, browned-side down.
- Repeat with the remaining latkes, and re-spray pan with cooking spray as needed.
- Transfer the latkes to the oven and bake until firm and heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare tzatziki: Combine yogurt, cucumber, vinegar, the minced shallot, 1 tbsp dill and the remaining salt and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the latkes with the tzatziki sauce on the side.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 3 latkes and ¼ cup tzatziki sauce
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 225 calories; 2g fat; 38g carbohydrates; 15g protein; 10g fiber