A great idea for a quick weeknight dinner, this Green Olive Chicken Recipe is a one skillet dish and requires very minimal prep. Each 4 Points serving is full of fantastic flavors.
It’s also loaded with veggies and protein and makes great for leftovers the next day.
If you want to bulk it up a bit more, try serving over some high fiber pasta or brown rice (but make sure to factor in the extra Points!). Or, serve over some 0 calorie Miracle Noodles for NO additional calories or Points.
Green Olive Chicken Recipe
Flavorful and light, this Green Olive Chicken Recipe has just 4 Points per serving, making it the perfect low calorie dinner entree that’s tasty and satisfying.
- 4 4-oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, spinach, zucchini, olives, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper in a bowl.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic and onion until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the chicken breasts and wine and cook the chicken until browned on one side, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn it over; top with the tomato mixture, broth, bay leaves and tomato paste.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until cooked through, 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast, with about 2/3 cup veggies and sauce
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 168 calories; 3g fat; 8g carbohydrates; 27g protein; 4g fiber