This delicious Parmesan Artichoke Pasta Recipe is not only an easy Weight Watchers dinner idea, it’s a truly gourmet dish that has just 7 Points per serving. The fresh garlic, white wine and artichokes are such a delicious combination! And it’s so refreshing to enjoy a pasta recipe that’s not so typical. The artichoke really helps to bulk up the pasta, so you end the meal feeling very satisfied. This Parmesan Artichoke Pasta recipe goes great with arugula salad or a fresh tomato basil salad – it’s so good! Enjoy.
Parmesan Artichoke Pasta Recipe
A refreshing twist on traditional pasta recipes, this delightful Parmesan Artichoke Pasta Recipe is just 7 Points, making it a great idea for a quick, weeknight dinner.
- 8oz whole wheat fettuccine noodles
- 16oz artichoke hearts, frozen or canned (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, spray a large, nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add in the shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Then add in the wine and artichokes and cook until most of the alcohol has been reduced and the artichokes are cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Next, mix in the parsley, salt, and pepper and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pasta, and then place into a large bowl.
- Toss pasta with artichoke mixture and add in the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire Parmesan Artichoke Pasta recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 ½ cups
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 305 calories; 4g fat; 50g carbohydrates; 14g protein; 11g fiber