Yes, I know….we all know about Frank’s RedHot Sauce. It’s been around for a looooooong time, and everyone knows it’s low calorie, is very Weight Watchers friendly and is the Mac Daddy ingredient when it comes to buffalo Chicken Recipes.
I have been OBSESSED with Frank’s RedHot Sauce ever since I first ate it at the age of 6 years old, and today, I want to post my tribute to my absolute most favorite condiment in the world. As the commercial so boldly says, I put that $#!% on everything…and I certainly do. From chicken, to eggs, to pizza, to popcorn, to steak, to fish, to pretzels, to sandwiches, to cheese, and everything in between…I will even drink it straight out of the bottle.
I think that sometimes my food is just the vehicle for the hot sauce.
There is NEVER EVER EVER a day in my house where my refrigerator does not have an open bottle of Frank’s RedHot Sauce, plus one extra bottle in the pantry. And the fact that it has no calories and is 0 Weight Watchers Points is just an incredible bonus.
So, if there are any of you out there who don’t know about Frank’s RedHot Sauce, may this post find you and may you too enjoy the utter deliciousness of the best condiment in the world.
I love you, Frank’s RedHot Sauce!
Make sure to keep reading to check out my favorite Weight Watchers Recipes using Frank’s RedHot Sauce and to learn about the different varieties available in stores…
Frank’s RedHot Sauce
The rich heritage of Frank’s RedHot dates back to 1918 when pepper farmer Adam Estilette partnered with Jacob Frank in New Iberia, Louisiana, to create a sauce perfectly spiced with the rich flavor of cayenne peppers. Two years later, in 1920, the first bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce emerged from Estilette’s pickling plant.
According to their website, Frank’s RedHot Sauce boasts the following:
- Frank’s RedHot was the secret ingredient used in the first ever Buffalo Wings in Buffalo New York in 1964.
- All peppers are not created the same. Frank’s RedHot uses a proprietary blend of special, chile peppers to create that surge of flavor that doesn’t obliterate your taste buds. No one else can duplicate the Frank’s RedHot surge of flavor.
- Frank’s RedHot grows its peppers in both Mexico and in New Mexico. The peppers are then made into a mash and aged/stored in New Mexico. After the perfect aging process has taken place, the pepper mash is sent to our production plant in Springfield, Missouri, where the product is cooked and special spices are added to give your food an unbelievable surge of flavor.
- The part of the pepper that generates heat is not the colored fruit but the white veins that run along the inside of the peppers.
- People love spicy foods and our RedHot lovers tell us that they use Frank’s RedHot, not only on chicken wings, but also on foods ranging from pizza and pasta to popcorn and even ice cream.
Franks Red Hot sauces come in a number of different varieties, depending on your heat preference and what you are going to serving it with. Here are the varieties you can choose from (NOTE: not all sauces are 0 Points):
Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Frank’s RedHot® XTRA Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Frank’s RedHot® Sweet Chili Sauce
Frank’s RedHot® Chile ‘n Lime™ Hot Sauce
Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
Frank’s RedHot® Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
Frank’s RedHot® Kickin’ BBQ™ Sauce
Frank’s RedHot® THICK™ Sauce
Are you a hot sauce fanatic too? Well checkout some of my favorite Weight Watchers recipe that use Frank’s RedHot!