As you may know, I am pretty much obsessed with hot sauce. I love the heat, I love the tang, and I will put it on just about anything.
So when I found out about Tabañero Hot Sauce, which is a 100% natural hot sauce, I was pretty excited to give it a try.
This is truly a quality hot sauce….you can really taste the layers of flavor and the freshness if the ingredients. I also love that it delivers some heat without it completely overpowering the food. Preservative and filler free, the taste of Tabañero delivers exactly what it promises and then some.
So if you are looking for a natural, healthier hot sauce as an alternative to the more common brands, then definitely give Tabañero a try.
You can buy it on their website or on Amazon. And make sure to give it a try in my new Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe that I featured it in! Keep reading for the recipe…
CROCK POT BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 8 oz bottle Tabañero All Natural Hot Sauce
- 3 lbs chicken wings (about 30 small wings)
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- In a small sauce pan, combine butter, Tabañero Hot Sauce, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder and set over medium high heat. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to low and let cook for about 5-8 more minutes.
- Place chicken wings in crock pot, and then pour hot sauce mixture over top of the wings.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours. Then, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with non-fat cooking spray.
- Spread wings evenly onto baking sheet and place in oven, while reserving the cooking sauce in the crock pot. Let cook until wings become browned and begin to crisp, about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a very small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Then, stir it into the sauce that’s remaining in the crock pot, until sauce begins to thicken a bit.
- Pour sauce over wings and serve.