Here’s another super easy and delicious Weight Watchers Chicken Recipe that will make weeknight dinner planning a breeze. This Greek Yogurt Chicken is a family hit for sure, as the end result is moist, juicy chicken with a slightly tangy coating of Greek yogurt seasoned with lemon, garlic, oregano, and parsley.
I chose to spend the extra Point and use chicken thighs in this recipe instead of chicken breasts, simply because my kids prefer the thighs. But I think it would work just as easily with breasts.
Serve with some steamed brown rice or wheat couscous, and a light salad for a very satisfying dinner.
Greek Yogurt Chicken
Juicy, tangy, and succulent, this is one low calorie chicken recipe that you wont want to pass up. Prepare the marinade in a just a few minutes, then pop into the oven an hour before you are ready to eat. It’s an excellent meal that the whole family will love.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless thighs, cut into 6 portions (I used Trader Joe’s Orgaic Chicken Thighs)
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Juice and zest from 1 medium lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and add into yogurt marinade, making sure all chicken pieces are covered. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Place chicken into baking dish, and cook in oven for about 50 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Greek
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 piece of chicken
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 6g fat; 1.5g carbohydrates; 33g protein; 0g fiber