I have been looking for an alternative to a BLT sandwich and came upon this gem. Instead of making a BLT sandwich and using bread, I decided to turn it into a salad and add; egg and avocado. It’s really delicious and makes a perfect option for lunch. It’s pretty quick to make and you can prepare the bacon and egg the night before to save time on a busy morning.
BLT, Egg and Avocado Salad
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 boiled egg
- 3 Slices of avocados
- 2 slices bacon (low sodium)
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon of Reduced-Fat Ranch Dressing
- Salt and Pepper
- Place egg in a medium saucepan and cover it with cool water by 1 inch.
- Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil cook 4-1/2 minutes.
- Transfer egg to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking. T
- The yolk will be solid but still dark orange-yellow, moist, and dense in the middle.
- While egg is boiling, cook bacon in small frying pan until crispy, blot on paper towel to soak up any excess grease.
- Clean (if you have purchased the already washed and cleaned lettuce, run some cold water over the lettuce as this will help to make it crispier), next chop romaine lettuce and measure one cup.
- Place on serving plate.
- Peel and cut three slices of avocado, slice one plum tomato and place on top of lettuce. Crumble the crispy bacon on top and cut egg into slices.
- Add; salt, pepper and drizzle 1 tablespoon of Reduced-Fat Ranch Dressing.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 1 serving
Serving size is about 1 3/4 cups
Each serving = 8 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 254 calories; 17.5g fat; 2.3g saturated fat; 10.16g carbohydrates; 5.5g sugar; 10.8g protein; 3.7g fiber