Egg Noodles with Mushrooms
An easy side dish of egg noodles with mushrooms is the perfect compliment to any meal of beef or chicken. Vegetarians can prepare this as a main meal as well.
- Light’n Fluffy – Egg Noodles Wide (about half of a bag)
- 1 cup – mushrooms – (fresh) pieces or slices
- 2 tbsp – Olive Oil, Extra Light – (Bertolli is used)
- 3 tbsp(s) – garlic – minced
- 2 tbsp – Parmesan Cheese – shredded,
- Prepare egg noodles as directed on package.
- Clean and wash mushrooms thoroughly.
- In a medium saucepan; add olive oil, heat on medium and add mushrooms.
- Saute’ mushrooms about 1-2 minutes; then add garlic.
- Stir mushrooms slowly (a wooden spoon works best) for about 6-8 more minutes.
- Moisture should be evaporated and mushrooms will turn to a dark reddish-brown with golden spots.
- Garlic will be toasted to a light brown.
- When egg noodles are done, drain all but 1/2 cup of the water.
- In a large bowl; mix noodles, garlic and mushroom mixture.
- Add left over water slowly to coat the mixture and toss.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 2 serving
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 273 calories; 17g fat; 24g carbohydrates; 8g protein; 4.2g fiber