Oven Fried Chicken Breast
Here is an easy recipe for oven fried chicken breast that does not cut back on taste, only the calories. The “bread crumbs” are homemade and the chicken is loaded with flavor.
- 18 buttery-flavored crackers, crushed into crumbs (Annie’s Organic Buttery Rich Classic Crackers were used for this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each) (Harvestland Organic Chicken Breasts were used for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes, Fresh Buttery Taste Spread, melted
- Clean breasts thoroughly, skinning (if packaged with skin), washing and trimming off any fat.
- Spray baking dish in with cooking spray (Olive Oil flavored is used for this recipe).
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a food processor; mix crackers until they are crumbly.
- In a shallow dish add; cracker crumbs, garlic and onion powder and cheese; mix gently with fork until blended.
- Dip chicken breasts in melted Land O Lakes to coat both sides.
- Next, cover the individual breasts with the crumb mixture until entire breasts are coated.
- Place breasts on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- Optional: This recipe was served with a ½ cup of prepared low-sodium Stove Top Chicken Stuffing. If you choose to do this; add – 3 Points to the meal.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25-30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 8 Points
PER SERVING: 336 calories; 16 fat; 7g carbohydrates; 35g protein; 0g fiber