I have always loved grinders, subs or hoagies depending on where you live at. At one time, I avoided eating them in order to watch calories, carbs and fat. Instead of avoiding them, I decided to turn my favorite cold subs into salads. One of my favorites is a cold cut and I decided to tweak it just a little bit. This is a very tasty and hearty “sub-salad.” I did not use cheese or bologna. I have made this cold cut salad with several variations. But you can certainly add what you like just remember to calculate the difference.
A delicious alternative to a cold cut grinder, sub or hoagie. The yellow cherry tomatoes add a nice sweetness and the avocado adds some healthy fiber. The fat free Italian dressing tops it of nicely for extra added flavor.
- 1 cup shredded (or torn into little pieces) green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup spring mix (Dole is used for this recipe)
- 1 thin sliced low-sodium turkey breast (about 2 ounces) (Boars Head is used for this recipe)
- 1 thin sliced roast beef (about 2 ounces) (Eckrich Seasoned Roast Beef is used for this recipe)
- ¼ cup chopped avocado
- ½ cup sliced in half Yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. fat free Italian dressing (Wish Bone is used for this recipe)
- Wash lettuce, spring mix and tomatoes thoroughly.
- Shred or tear lettuce and place on a dinner plate.
- Slice tomatoes in half and place on top of lettuce.
- Chop up avocado and place on top of lettuce.
- Chop up turkey breast and roast beef and add to the salad plate.
- Top with fat free Italian dressing.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: No cooking time.
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes: 1 serving
Serving size is about: 1 ½ cup.
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 234 calories; 7 fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 15g carbohydrates; 1g sugar; 26 g protein; 2.5g fiber