Egg White, Spinach and Turkey Muffins
This is a quick, healthy and easy breakfast or brunch recipe. Egg white and turkey muffins are filled with spinach and feta cheese which add great flavor.
- 12 – Thin sliced low-sodium turkey breast (Boar’s Head is used for this recipe)
- 10 oz. – box of frozen Chopped Spinach (Bird’s Eye is used for this recipe)
- 3/4 cup – Low –Fat Feta Cheese Crumbled (Trader Joe’s is used for this recipe)
- 2 ¼ cups – 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray (olive oil flavor is used for this recipe).
- Line each muffin cup with one slice of the turkey.
- Make sure chopped spinach is completely thawed and excess water can be absorbed with papertowels.
- Evenly distribute chopped spinach on top of turkey in each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of low-fat feta cheese in each muffin tin over the chopped spinach.
- Pour liquid egg whites into each tin until they are almost full.
- Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper over each mixture.
- Bake approximately 20-25 minutes (you can insert a toothpick to check if they are done).
- Let cool about 5 minutes, and then serve.
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes: 12 servings
Serving size is about: 1 muffin
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 70 calories; 1.5 fat; 12 g carbohydrates; 12 g protein; 1 g fiber