Egg, Black Beans and Salsa
This is a quick and easy Mexican style breakfast with egg, black beans and salsa. It’s super tasty and the pepper jack cheese is a great compliment to this dish.
- 1 corn tortilla – 6″ (Great Value brand is used for this recipe)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsps of salsa – (Newman’s Own Salsa – Mild is used for this recipe)
- ¼ cup black beans – (Goya low –sodium Black Beans is used for this recipe – make sure canned beans are rinsed thoroughly)
- 2 tbsps of shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- cooking spray (Pam is used in this recipe)
- In a small frying pan spray Pam (or other cooking spray) just to coat.
- Place corn tortilla in pan on medium heat.
- Flip over and heat until small brown spots appear on both sides then transfer to a plate.
- Cook one large egg to desired doneness.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and cover until melted.
- Warm black beans in a microwave safe dish (usually about 15-20 seconds on high power/temp)
- Place egg on top of tortilla, add black beans and salsa then serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 7 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 1
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes: 1 serving
Serving size is about: 1 tortilla with egg mixture
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 255 calories; 9.8 fat; 29 g carbohydrates; 16.5 g protein; 6 g fiber