Oven baked french fries
This easy side dish of oven baked french fries is a perfect healthy alternative. I serve these with malt vinegar when I make fish and chips, or grilled burgers (both beef and turkey). I have made these with veggie burgers too. My friend’s children love these and prefer them to fast food french fries.
- 2 large Russet baking potatoes cut into strips and/or wedges
- 4 teaspoons light extra light olive oil (Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil is used for this recipe)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Malt vinegar or ketchup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Peel potatoes into ½ inch strips
- In a small bowl add potatoes, olive oil, seasoning and toss.
- Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Flip potatoes over and bake 10 more minutes or until desired tenderness or crispiness.
- After potatoes are done dab with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Flavor with malt vinegar or ketchup and serve hot.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes: 4 servings
Serving size is about: 1/2 of a potato
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 102 calories; 5g fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 2g protein; 1g fiber