Comfort food does not have to be high in calories and fat. This is an alternative to french fries. Instead of heavy oils and grease, oven baked fries are much better. As a bonus, they are healthier too.
I have made these with veggie burgers too. My friend’s children love these and prefer them to fast food french fries.
- 2 large Russet potatoes (peeled cut into strips and/or wedges)
- 4 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Malt vinegar or ketchup (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut potatoes into ½ inch strips or wedges.
In a small bowl add potatoes, canola oil, seasonings, and toss.
Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Flip potatoes over and bake 10 more minutes or until desired tenderness or crispiness.
- After potatoes are done dab with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Flavor with malt vinegar or ketchup and serve hot.
Entire recipe makes: 4 servings
Serving size is about: 1/4 of recipe
Each serving = 6 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value