Oven Fried Chicken Strips
Oven fried chicken strips are an easy, tasty and healthy alternative to the traditional dish.
- 4 thin, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used Perdue Fit & Easy Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Thin Sliced –already cut perfectly in a package in the fresh meats area of a grocery store)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Non-stick cooking spray (Olive oil flavor is used for this recipe)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and chicken seasoning, mix well.
- In a second shallow bowl add buttermilk.
- Slice chicken breasts into 3 strips each.
- Dip chicken strips into buttermilk first and let excess drip off before dipping into dry mixture.
- Dip chicken strips into dry mixture making sure to coat all of the strips with the dry mixture.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay the chicken strips flat on a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until pink is gone and desired crispness has been reached.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20-25 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes: 4 servings
Serving size is about: about 3 strips
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 253 calories; 5 g fat; 19 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 2.5g fiber