Whole Grain Crepes with Fruit
Crepes are a light and fluffy breakfast. Fill these with the fruit, scrambled eggs or vegetables.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp melted better
- Cooking Spray
- Fruit & Sauce
- 4 oz blackberries
- 4 oz blueberries
- 4 oz raspberries
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- 6 oz low fat or fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp jam, flavor of choice
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend for 10 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of the blender and blend for another 10 seconds, to make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Heat an 8″ skillet on medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1 oz of batter into the pan and swirl the pan around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the crepe for 30 seconds before carefully flipping the crepe over.
- Cook for an additional 10 seconds and then place on a serving platter.
- Continue cooking (respraying pan as needed) until all the batter is used.
- Mix together the blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries (or fruit of choice).
- In a small bowl, combine the jam and yogurt, mix until well combined.
- Serve the crepes hot with fruit in the middle and topped with a spoonful of sauce.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: French
Entire recipe makes 6 servings.
Serving size is 3 crepes with filling.
Each serving is 8 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 216 calories; 8.4g fat; 4.6g saturated fat; 29g carbohydrates;5.5g sugar; 7g protein; 3.6 fiber