Almond & Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious cookies are gluten and dairy free. They are light and fluffy and combine the flavors of banana, almond and chocolate chips.
- 1 ¾ cups finely ground gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup mashed banana (about 1 medium)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together the dry ingredients – flours, flaxseed, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butters and sugars until they are well combined and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and banana. Mix until all the wet ingredients are well mixed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat for 1 minute. The dough should be well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough out in 1 tablespoonfuls. Place the cookies two inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 – 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to sit for 1 minute, then remove to cooling racks and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
These can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. Gluten free flour tends to mold quickly, so store these in the refrigerator to keep them fresh longer.
Use walnuts or pecans instead of chocolate chips. The points value is the same; 153 calories, 9.4 g fat, 15 g carbohydrate, 1.5 g fiber and 3 g protein.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire serving makes 36 servings.
Serving size is 1 cookie.
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/4 Points
PER SERVING: 155 calories; 8g fat; 2.9g saturated fat; 18g carbohydrates; 6.5g sugar; 2.7g protein; 1.6g fiber