Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These fabulous cookies are moist and tender with just enough sweet to make them the perfect snack or dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned), uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter, applesauce and brown sugar together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt (if using). Mix until the dough is uniform.
- Add the oats and raisins. Mix until well combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets (ungreased or lined with parchment paper).
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for 1 minute.
- Place the cookies on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.
Use chocolate chips or M & M’s instead of the raisins. The points remain the same.
Soak the raisins in hot water for 15 – 20 minutes before adding to the dough.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie
Number of servings (yield): 48
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 48 servings
Serving size is 1 cookie.
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/2 Points
PER SERVING: 73 calories; 2.5g fat; 1.3g saturated fat; 12g carbohydrates; 5.7g sugar; 1.3g protein; .7g fiber