This creamy and flavorful potato salad is a family favorite that’s perfect for a summer picnic.
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled & chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, or chives
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the potatoes until they are tender.
- Remove from the water and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green onions or chives (reserving about 1 Tbsp for garnish) and black olives.
- Peel and chop two hard boiled eggs. Add to the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and white pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the potatoes and mix until well combined.
- Slice the third egg and place on the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle on the reserved green onions or chives.
- Serve chilled.
If using reduced fat mayonnaise instead of fat free, it’s 212 calories, 11 g fat, 25 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber and 5 g protein. One serving is 6 points +.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1/2 cup.
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/4 Points
PER SERVING: 155 calories; 4g fat; 1g saturated fat; 25g carbohydrates; 3.5g sugar; 5 protein; 3.6g fiber