Roast chicken with Lemon, Potatoes & Rosemary
A succulent roast chicken with the tangy lemon, woodsy rosemary and tender potatoes.
- 1 whole broiler OR 6 – 8 pieces of chicken
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, one sliced and one juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary and additional sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using a baking dish, lightly coat the dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish or roasting pan.
- Place the lemon slices on the chicken.
- If using a whole chicken, cook for 2 hours before adding the potatoes and onions. If using chicken pieces, add the potatoes and onions at the beginning.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, red pepper, salt and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Pour over the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hours, or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Garnish with additional rosemary before serving.
Use thyme in place of rosemary.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 piece of chicken (ie 1 thigh or 1/2 breast) and 2/3 cup of potatoes.
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 194 calories; 6.5g fat; 1.4g saturated fat; 16g carbohydrates; 1.3g sugar; 18 protein; 1.5g fiber