Gluten Free Pancakes with Strawberry Rhubarb
Delightful, fluffy and tender pancakes topped with a delicious rhubarb sauce and fresh strawberries.
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat the griddle to medium high. Grease if necessary.
- In a bowl, beat the egg until smooth.
- Add the oil, vanilla and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until the batter is well combined.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle in 1/4-cupfuls.
- Once the batter begins to bubble, flip the pancakes over to cook the other side.
- Cook for an additional 1 – 2 minutes, or until the second side is brown.
- Keep the pancakes warm until ready to eat.
- While the pancakes are cooking, place the rhubarb and sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Stir frequently and cook for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the rhubarb turns soft and a sauce forms.
- Serve the pancakes hot, topped with rhubarb sauce and strawberries.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 pancakes with 1/2 cup of rhubarb sauce and 1/2 cup strawberries.
Each serving = 12 Smart Points/9 Points
PER SERVING: 353 calories; 10.5g fat; 2.3g saturated fat; 54g carbohydrates; 14.7g sugar; 8.5g protein; 4g fiber