Tender, juicy and delicious, these elegant pork chops make a beautiful meal.
- 4 (4 oz each) pork chops
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the milk and eggs. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl or plate, mix the pecan pieces, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and basil.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray and set next to the bowls.
- Dredge each pork chop in the egg mixture, then coat with the pecan mixture and carefully lay the pork chop in the baking dish.
- Repeat until all four pork chops are coated with pecan pieces.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until 145 degrees F as an internal temperature.
- Allow the pork chops to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
May add an orange sauce over the pork chop (2 extra points). For the orange sauce, heat 1/2 cup orange juice, 1 Tbsp honey and 1 Tbsp orange zest in a small pan. Bring to a boil. Add 2 tsp cornstarch mixed in 4 tsp water to the orange juice. Stir until thickened. Serve the pork chop garnished with the orange sauce.
Chicken breasts may be used in place of pork chops for the same point value.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire serving makes 4 servings.
Serving size is 1 pork chop.
Each serving = 10 Points
PER SERVING: 405 calories; 26g fat; 15g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 3.7g fiber