This is a really delicious recipe that I decided to try, and I’m really glad I did. The lemon and chicken is just perfect together, and the sesame adds a wonderful toasted Asian flavor. I served this with a side of brown rice pilaf, with onions, bell peppers, broccoli and yellow squash. It’s simple and easy meal to make and it’s very versatile. It can be served with stir fry vegetables, or on top of a salad with a little extra of the lemon sauce as a dressing.
A tender and tasty chicken with a wonderful citrus flavor. It’s perfect when served with stir fried vegetables.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 Tbsp chicken broth
- 7 oz water chestnuts, sliced
- Pound the chicken breasts thin.
- Slice them into half inch wide strips.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white until foamy.
- Place the sesame seeds in a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips in the egg white and then coat them with the sesame seeds.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Stir fry the onion in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Add the mixture to the wok or pan and cook. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Add the water chestnuts to the pan and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with lemon peel.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire serving makes 4 servings.
Serving size is 1 chicken breast.
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/7 Points
PER SERVING: 290 calories; 12.6g fat; 1.7g saturated fat; 14g carbohydrates; 5.9g sugar; 30g protein; 1.9g fiber