A colorful and refreshing tomato salad. This is a wonderful way to enjoy your fresh garden produce.
- 3/4 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 bell peppers, chopped (any color)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine the marinade in a canning jar – mix the vinegars, salt shallots, chives, lemon juice, pepper and olive oil.
- Seal the canning jar with a lid, and shake until well combined.
- Combine the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers in a large bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Gluten free, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire serving makes 8 servings.
Serving size is 1 1/4 cups.
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/2 Points
PER SERVING: 90 calories; 4g fat; .5g saturated fat; 13g carbohydrates; 4.7g sugar; 2g protein; 3g fiber