Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad
The traditional broccoli salad with cauliflower, raisins and mayonnaise dressing.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs white vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, to garnish
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, onion and raisins.
- In a small separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Dress the salad with the mayonnaise dressing.
- Chill until serving.
- Serve garnished with sunflower seeds.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire serving makes 8 servings.
Serving size is 1 cup.
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 190 calories; 9.7g fat; 1.1g saturated fat; 25g carbohydrates; 10.6g sugar; 5g protein; 3g fiber