These fruit skewers are a perfect way to add some fun to your typical fruit dish. The chunks of melon are easy to put on the skewers and look elegant. When you add the honey and chopped nuts, it’s a perfect way to put an elegant twist in your meal. This is sure to be a hit at every BBQ and picnic this summer. Melons are a favorite, and the nuts add a delicious crunch, with the honey adding just enough sticky sweet to keep the nuts in place. The lemons are used to garnish and to keep the fruit looking fresh and bright.
Summery fruit skewers that are perfect for a holiday picnic and BBQ.
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 cantelope
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1/4 large watermelon
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 32 9 inch wood skewers
- Chop the cantalope, honeydew and watermelon into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- In small saucepan, combine the butter and honey. Bring to a boil.
- Spread the nuts onto a jellyroll pan.
- Place the pieces of fruit on the skewer.
- Brush the honey onto the fruit pieces and then roll in the nuts.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the fruit.
- Serve chilled.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire serving makes 8 servings.
Serving size is 4 skewers.
Each serving = 11 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 220 calories; 9g fat; 1.7g saturated fat; 36g carbohydrates; 31.2g sugar; 4g protein; 3g fiber