Who doesn’t love turkey and cranberries? This wonderful stir fry combines those two flavors with a little flair of Asian. The ginger adds a little spice and the light soy sauce provides a tasty dark and salty flavor. Regular, dark or all purpose soy sauce can be used (all purpose is the most common), but the flavor will be much darker and heavier. This turkey ends up tender and moist each time with the tart and delicious cranberries adding a wonderful color and flavor. It’s quick and easy, and so delicious, you’ll make it again and again.
A wonderful stir fried turkey breast with cranberry glaze that tastes just like Thanksgiving.
- 1 lb turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger root, fresh
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 Tbsp chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the turkey breast across the grain.
- In a large skillet or wok, preheat the oil over medium heat.
- Stir fry the turkey pieces for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the ginger.
- Add the ginger, cranberries and chicken broth to the skillet or wok and cook for 3 minutes, or until the cranberries begin to soften.
- Add the soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional cranberries.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire serving makes 4 servings.
Serving size is 3 oz.
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 107 calories; 7.3g fat; 2.2g saturated fat; 2.8g carbohydrates; .7g sugar; 8g protein; .7g fiber