Sweet Onion Bisque
Sweet onions are in season this time of year, and you can’t go wrong with this creamy soup.
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp peeled garlic cloves (4 large heads)
- 5 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 1 russet (baking) potato, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbs Sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- White pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Saute the onions and garlic in the butter over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, potato, vinegar, rosemary and broth.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Puree the mixture.
- Add the half and half and buttermilk. Stir until well combined and thickened.
- Season to taste.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 10
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire serving makes 10 servings.
Serving size is 1 1/2 cups.
Each serving = 9 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 241 calories; 8g fat; 2.2g saturated fat; 36g carbohydrates; 16.4g sugar; 8.8g protein; 4.9g fiber