A creamy, filling and delicious soup with fresh summer squash and sweet onions.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium yellow summer squash, cubed
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- In a large stockpot, saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the summer squash and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, herbs and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
- Serve hot, with a spoonful of yogurt.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire serving makes 6 servings.
Serving size is 1 1/2 cups.
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 210 calories; 5.6g fat; 3g saturated fat; 27g carbohydrates; 5.3g sugar; 9.5g protein; 14g fiber