If you’re anything like me, you’re loving summer.
It’s a truly delightful time for those of us who love fresh food. The fresh, local produce is starting to become available (even from your own garden, if you’re so lucky), and it’s just wonderful to be able to use fresh produce in delicious meals.
This soup is one of those wonderful dishes. It’s simple and creamy while being filling and packed with nutrients.
As soon as you’ve got some fresh summer squash and those sweet onions, give this one a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 2 large sweet onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 medium yellow summer squash (cubed)
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- In a large stockpot, saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the summer squash and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, herbs and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 2 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value