A simple, delicious and refreshing salad with fresh garden vegetables and lean protein.
- 1 lb red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup oil and vinegar dressing
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 6 cups romaine, torn
- 4 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 8 oz tuna, in water, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes for 6 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and green beans and then immediately place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Mix together the salad dressing, lemon peel and pepper.
- Evenly divide the lettuce between 4 plates, top with the potatoes, green beans, eggs, tuna and tomatoes.
- Drizzle on the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: French
Entire serving makes 4 servings.
Serving size is 2 cups.
Each serving = 10 Smart Points/8 Points
PER SERVING: 327 calories; 15g fat; 4.9g saturated fat; 27g carbohydrates; 2.6g sugar; 21g protein; 5g fiber