We’re continuing our tour of international cuisine with a stop for dessert in Asia. This sweet potato pudding is rich and creamy, but is only 3 points per serving and barely 100 calories per serving. It’s sweet and the nutmeg and ginger add flavor and spice to the sweet potato. The fact that the base for this pudding is sweet potato and coconut milk means that it’s dairy free and guilt free. Try this Asian inspired dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth without going overboard.
A sweet dessert that is rich and creamy. This sweet potato pudding has a delicious texture and slightly spicy flavor that reminds you of fall – all with barely 100 calories.
- 10 oz sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 8 oz coconut milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and then mash the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Evenly divide the mixture into 6 ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Serve the pudding warm or chilled, garnished with whipped cream, if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup (1 ramekin).
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 103 calories; 1.8g fat; .8g saturated fat; 19g carbohydrates; 12.3g sugar; 3g protein; 1.5g fiber